12.15.2008

Home for now

I'm finally home! I can't believe the semester is over. It's sad that I won't get to see my friends next semester, but I can't say I'll miss the craziness (class, work, arrangements for Aix) I had to get through. I'm really proud I made it, though. And now I have 5 wonderful weeks to relax a little, go to the movies, maybe even read (what a concept!).

I got a wonderful surprise a couple days ago when I looked up the tracking number for the expressed mail envelope I sent with my visa application to get my passport back. It arrived at my house! I was trying not to get too worried as long as it arrived before Christmas. I am now forced to forgive whatever stress the French Consulate previously caused me. I'm sooo happy I got my visa. As a friend pointed out, it was unlikely that the French authorities, of all the authorities in the world, would deport me for not having the proper student visa. Still, it's nice not to rely on probability.

Not much more to add here until the packing begins.
Maggie B.

No comments: